Welcome to the 2018 AusIMM NZ Branch Annual Conference
Conference Convenor AusIMM NZ Branch
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 AusIMM NZ Branch Annual Conference will be held at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga, 17th to 18th September 2018, with pre conference field trips and an exploration forum.
In 2018 we will be offering a two-day technical programme. The conference will encompass exploration, research, project assessment, mine development, metallurgy, rehabilitation, social licence to operate and mine closure.
The conference programme for 2018 includes:
- Friday - Field trip 1: Broken Hills epithermal gold deposit, Tairua, Hauraki goldfield
- Saturday - Field trip 2: Karangahake and Waihi epithermal gold deposits
- Sunday - Field trip 3: Rotowaro and Maramarua coal mines
- Sunday - Epithermal Gold Workshop, Trinity Wharf
- Sunday - Welcome Reception, Trinity Wharf @ 6pm
- Monday - Conference Day 1, Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
- Tuesday - Conference Day 2, Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
"Please register your interest with us if you would like to be added to our database and receive information on the conference."
The 2018 conference will include AusIMM’s 125th anniversary celebrations. Social events will include an opening networking function (Sunday evening) and a conference dinner (Monday). Trade exhibitions will run throughout the conference.
Oral and poster presentations will be sought to cover most topics related to minerals and coal research, exploration and development of mineral resources and in particular, feature:
- New Projects
- Latest minerals research
- Green minerals
- Recent exploration results
- Mining operations
- Mining geotechnics
- Mining geology and modelling
- Operational Health & Safety
- Regulatory issues
- Environmental management
Please contact us on [email protected] if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 NZ Branch Annual Conference.
AusIMM NZ Branch
Take note of these Important Dates. We look forward to seeing you there!
Call for abstracts:
21 May 2018
Accepted presenters notified:
11 June 2018
Full papers due:
6 August 2018
Early bird registration closes:
10 August 2018
Monday 17 September
We look forward to seeing you at this years conference!