Call for Abstracts is now open
Abstracts submission deadline is 30 October 2018.
In the submission process you will be asked to indicate:
- Any actual and/or potential conflicts of interest related to this work from the last 3 years or a certification that there is no conflict of interests for any co-authors. When answering this question, you will be required to attach the certification document.
- Any and all funding sources related to the work. When answering this question, you will be required to list all funding sources.
The theme for this conference is “Health and the environment: the need for solutions”, so we welcome abstracts from epidemiologists, occupational exposure scientists, occupational physicians and other occupational health scientists on research that contributes to the reduction of harmful work exposures and associated ill health. The scientific programme will cover all major topics of current epidemiological research on:
- Occupational exposures (e.g. metals, pesticides, solvents, dust, radiation, stress, heat, precarious employment);
- Associated health effects (e.g. cancer, neurological and psychological disorders, respiratory and dermal diseases, musculoskeletal diseases and injuries); and
- Occupational health research methodology (e.g. biomarkers, the exposome, novel exposure assessment techniques, intervention studies in occupational health, gene-environment interactions, systematic reviews and meta-analysis and other statistical techniques).
- Abstracts are to be no more than 300 words
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
- Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Abstracts must contain sufficient information so that if published it will be a complete report independent of presentation.
- The abstract should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- Call for Abstracts opens: 16 August 2018
- Abstracts submission deadline: 30 October 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 30 November 2018
- Early bird registration (for authors only) closes: 1 February 2019
- Conference opens: 29 April 2019